WEIRDLAND: Kirsten post-depression

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kirsten post-depression

Source of pictures Justjared.com

"Kirsten Dunst is opening up about her stint at the Cirque Lodge Treatment Center in Utah earlier this year, saying that she sought help for depression, not for drug or alcohol abuse.

"I was struggling, and I had the opportunity to go somewhere and take care of myself," Dunst, 26, tells E! Online. "I was fortunate to have the resources to do it. My friends and family thought it was a good idea, too."

In February, Dunst checked into the same posh facility where Lindsay Lohan and Eva Mendes have been treated.

"She does drink and she does have wild nights, but that was never the root of her issues," a source close to Dunst tells PEOPLE. "She couldn't control her depression."

When Dunst entered rehab in February, another friend told PEOPLE that the actress had been feeling low for some time. "She's been crying a lot lately, " said the friend. "Everybody hits that bottom where you feel [so] scared that that one heavy night of partying can really wake you up. It's good she's getting herself help."

As for why she decided to talk about her struggles now, Dunst tells E!, "Now that I'm feeling stronger, I was prepared to say something ... Depression is pretty serious and should not be gossiped about." Source: www.people.com

4 comments :

Xenia said...

It's hard to believe that such a pretty, talented, rich young woman as Kirsten could have felt depressed.

But things like that can happen to anybody, sadly.
Besides, every action has its own consequences, I guess...still I thought Kirsten would be stronger and more mature than that, but what do I know, right?

Elena said...

Talk about karma, Kirsten left Jake (I'd also be depressed!) although I wish her getting it all together soon.

Xenia said...

Yeah, but 'she' left him! (silly girl...;))
But I figure that seeing whom once was your man 'happy' (because I 'speculate' he is) without you could be someway hard...:/

Elena said...

In those times Kirsten dated Jake he seemed he wasn't on the same level of commercial success she had. It's like Reese breaking up with Ryan because she had achieved more popularity than him. Maybe now Jake and Reese's similar popularity levels and interests make it work.