WEIRDLAND: Reese won't get married soon

Monday, December 22, 2008

Reese won't get married soon

December 21 - Jake & Reese doing Christmas Shopping In Brentwood.
-WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR GREATEST CHALLENGE?

-Being a parent. I wanted a family, but before I had kids I'd never held a baby. I'd never even done any babysitting. So the first time I held Ava was the first time I'd ever held a baby in my life. There's the fear of not being a good mum. Now I just try not to look too far into the future. I try to take it day by day. It gets terrifying if you look at the big picture, so I try to keep it simple.

-WHAT HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE IN YOUR CAREER?Professionally, it was playing June Carter in Walk The Line. It was terrifying, it scared me to death. First of all, I had never played a real person before. So there was a lot of responsibility to represent her correctly, and then the possibility of failure made me very insecure. And I had to sing. You should've heard me in the beginning - it was really bad and learning to play the autoharp was even harder. But in the end, of course, it was amazing. WHAT'S YOUR GREATEST EXTRAVAGANCE?

I'm responsible, I'm not extravagant. I'm not frivolous or carefree. I haven't been a young girl for a long time, because I started work so young and I had children young. Someone asked me: 'Do you have a chef?' And I said: 'Yes, her name is Reese.' I didn't grow up with money and I don't think I've changed. Money isn't terribly important to me, I give most of it away. I like nice dresses, though - for the red carpet. HOW DO YOU AND RYAN LOOK AFTER THE CHILDREN NOW?

I think the most important thing is the children, making sure they have stability. I think we just bear that in mind and that the most important thing is to be a grownup and not let feelings affect how you deal with your children.
WOULD YOU GET MARRIED AGAIN?

I don't know. I don't think about it much. At the moment, I am not far enough out of being married to think about doing it again.

WHAT'S YOUR GREATEST STRENGTH?
I think I have always been focused and a little tough. It takes a certain type of tenacious personality to deal with rejection and navigate this business. When I first came here, all I heard was: 'No, not right, not tall enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough.' But I didn't really care. I'm stubborn.

WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST FEAR?

Anything happening to the children. It's hard to protect your babies from the media. I have all the worries and fears of being a parent anyway, with the worry and guilt that come with that. But for me, the most difficult part is seeing my children being harassed.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE FOR CHRISTMAS?

I have a farm and I'd like chickens, an Araucana chicken. That'd be great - it would lay blue eggs.
Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

No comments :