WEIRDLAND: New affiliation: James Franco

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New affiliation: James Franco

James Franco with Jake Gyllenhaal.
We have a new affiliation with a beautiful and remarkable actor on the rise: James Franco, now Jake Weird is on Finding Franco, section Miscellanea Affiliates. Thanks a lot, James-franco.com administrator!

James Franco as Scott Smith in "Milk" (2008).

James Dean.
"Franco played James Dean in an American television biopic. He did a decent job and won a Golden Globe. Yet inhabiting James Dean came at a price. "I got it into my head that I needed to be isolated and so told my girlfriend at the time that I wouldn't be talking to her for four months," he recalls. "It did not go down well. We finally made a compromise where I talked to her for an hour a week on the phone. I no longer do that."
Franco was known as the actor who auditioned for the lead in Spider-Man but had to make do with being Peter Parker's mate Harry Osborn. It's only now, following his turn as a long-haired pothead in Pineapple Express and his role in Milk, that he's about to become a proper A-lister - the type of actor who can pick and choose his projects.He was once voted "Student with the best smile" at high school and although he's 30 now, it's still easy to see why; he spends so much time looking intense that it's a relief when he cracks a grin. Franco is happy to be described as a "scene stealer" in the multi-nominated Milk. Just don't ask him trivial questions about working out ("I don't. It's boring") or kissing his hero Sean Penn. "It's not that I mind talking about it, it's just that... there's so much scrutiny over the answers I offer," he says. "I really noticed it when Jake [Gyllenhaal] and Heath [Ledger] had to talk about kissing in Brokeback Mountain. It's like you can never answer in the right way. If I'm too casual it looks as though I'm making fun of the film. If I don't answer, it looks as though I'm uncomfortable. I can't win." He rubs his eyes. Then, finally, smiles. "God, I'm being way too serious! OK. You want the simple answer? I had no problem with kissing Sean Penn." Source: www.guardian.co.uk


Tubes Interviews James Franco And Seth Rogan. Then He Has A Question For Kayvan Novak!

No comments :