WEIRDLAND: Occasional same-sex attraction

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Occasional same-sex attraction

Cory Kennedy and Peaches Geldof.

"A friend and I went to a Cobrasnake party the other night.  I left with some (act-|wait-)tress who, instead of taking her clothes off,
decided to spend two hours explaining how she knew Emmy Rossum was a lez. My friend, on the other hand, got to leave with Cory Kennedy.

'It was like a soul splitting in two. The ethereal half floats gently up to the ceiling, to gaze down upon the corporeal half and Cory, as they continue their primal, atavisitic ravaging of each other’s bodies. Then–at the exact moment of orgasm–the ethereal spirit ejaculates starshine all across the room. It cascades down and seeps into your skins. Your minds are suddenly flooded with visions. You are Anthony and Cleopatra. Lancelot and Guinivere. Jesus and Mary Magdalene. You are Adam and Eve. You are every couple, ever, from the beginning until the end of time'. 
Source: inclusive.wordpress.com

"Fledgling scenesters Peaches Geldof and Cory Kennedy showed up early to see her. There were cute teen girls infatuated with her bisexual vibe. A tall, bobbed brunette with a black motorcycle jacket pleaded with me to get her backstage.

Weeks later, a slick lesboerotic “look book” was published featuring Trullie eyeing Kennedy and Viera-Newton as they frolicked around a swimming pool.
Like James Dean, the older, cooler kid glancing at Sal Mineo knowingly in Rebel Without a Cause". 
Source: www.nypress.com

-"I had this tainted vision of femininity my whole life and then realized I get to disassemble and reassemble it and be a woman in my own right. I've been buying dresses and all these things that before I totally shunned.
-What clicked that suddenly you're into being a chick?
-I'd never brush my hair or wear makeup, I'd wear baggy clothes and smelled. I didn't care. I never had boyfriends when I was younger and had my first real relationship when I was 18. It's horrible to say that love or men was the motivation, but it was interesting, because I was finally seeing myself through someone else's eyes.
Emile Hirsch and Jena Malone in "Into the wild" (2007).

-What's your favorite movie that you've done?
-Into the Wild was such an immense experience that I'd have to say it's my favorite. It was such a beautiful collaboration creatively that it blew my mind that it could actually happen in film.

-Ever end up dating a fan?
Jake Gyllenhaal and Jena Malone in "Donnie Darko" (2001).
-I dated this one guy but didn't know until later that Donnie Darko was his favorite movie. He had a shrine in his house. I saw it. I was a little freaked and I didn't call him anymore [Laughs].
Source: www.robbrink.com

Covariations with the respective amygdala seed region in hetero- and homosexual subjects. Credit: Image courtesy of National Academy of Sciences, PNAS (copyright 2008).

"Ivanka Savic and Per Lindström, of the Department of Clinical Neuroscience at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden, now report that the brains of heterosexual men and homosexual women are slightly asymmetric—the right hemisphere is larger than the left—and the brains of gay men and straight women are not.

Positron emission tomography (PET) scans taken by the researchers also show that in connectivity of the amygdala (which is important for emotional learning), lesbians resemble straight men, and gay men resemble straight women".
Source: www.sciencedaily.com

Nicole Kidman and Lauren Bacall.
"Occasional same-sex attraction, but not major attraction, was more common among the most educated.

There was a large group with occasional same-sex attraction, which was larger for females than males and largest for those with the most education.

The association of same-sex attraction with education has also been found in the US, although there the association between increasing education and increasing prevalence of same-sex attraction was strongest among women (Laumann et al., 1994)". 
Source: www.outthere.org.nz

No comments :