WEIRDLAND: 'Brothers' Press Conference in N.Y.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

'Brothers' Press Conference in N.Y.

Jim Sheridan, directing the kitchen scene with Tobey Maguire and Jake Gyllenhaal in "Brothers" (2009).
Mare Winningham and Jake Gyllenhaal.
Tobey Maguire and Natalie Portman in "Brothers".Tobey Maguire, Natalie Portman and Jake Gyllenhaal at 'Brothers' Press Conference - New York City, November 21, 2009.


GYLLENHAAL: I think you just described me as a crazy person. ‘Jake has no idea of reality’.
QUESTION: IS THAT A TRUTH ABOUT YOU, JAKE?
GYLLENHAAL: Well, I can say that I think watching Tobey in the movie, that’s sort of the most extraordinary truth of it, watching somebody do something like that. I can only speak from personal experience but I have been blessed to watch actors who people didn’t feel were a certain way or could perform a certain thing do that. I’ve been honored to watch that. It’s always nice to see when people, journalists and people who never thought of someone one way, and then seeing them that way. I watched him go from the first part of the movie [BEFORE MAGUIRE’S CHARACTER GOES OVERSEAS] and then we had a Christmas break inbetween and then he had another week and when he came back he was another person and he was another person than what he was in the first couple of weeks that we started shooting. That was an extraordinary transformation, not only to watch as an actor but as a person and as an audience member. And now watching the movie I feel that way, too. I think that’s what we could talk about. I mean, I could talk about Natalie, too, but then I think she would probably freak out. I’ll stick with Tobey".
Source: www.bostonherald.com

The "Brothers" premiere will be on December 3rd, 2009
Time: 8:30 PM Eastern
Channel: TVGN

2 comments :

gameshowtheory said...

hands down, movie of the year ... i saw it opening night and can't agree more with Letterman saying "best movie in the past 10-12 years" ...

Elena said...

welcome to Weirdland, gameshowtheory!
thanks for giving us your opinion.
"Brothers" got "the goods" :)