WEIRDLAND: Jake Gyllenhaal isn't 30 yet!

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal isn't 30 yet!

Anne Hathaway as Maggie Murdock in "Love and other drugs" (2010)

"Edward Zwick joined Denby and the star to discuss the upcoming comedy Love and Other Drugs. Denby and Zwick began to wax rhapsodic about the romantic chemistry again. “I had already had movie sex with her.” Jake explained, citing his marriage to Hathaway in Brokeback Mountain.
Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway in "Brokeback Mountain" (2005)

Zwick clearly felt he had captured lightning in a bottle by reteaming them. “Each of them at this very moment is coming into the heights of their craft and power. That can't be described.” He believes that their musicality also helped their partnership. “Rhythm and music is so important to comedy—and sex!—And they both have that.”

“And they both have enormous eyes.” Denby interjected.

“That’s important for sex too!” Jake joked". Source: www.tribecafilm.com

“Look guys, I’m not 30 yet!” Gyllenhaal, who celebrates the milestone birthday in December, told People magazine.
“Can you cut it with the 30 comments?”

“I feel more like myself. I feel like now, it’s just the beginning,” he adds.

“I guess you get to a point at 30 or somewhere and you say, ‘What I am, is what I am and that’s what I’m going to be and that’s all good. I don’t need to be anything else.’ And that’s kind of how I feel.
“Some of my earliest memories are of my sister [Maggie Gyllenhaal] coming back from doing a rehearsal for some musical during elementary school". Source: www.showbizspy.com

Maggie Gyllenhaal and Jake Gyllenhaal in "Donnie Darko" (2001)

"The siblings both appeared in cult 2001 film "Donnie Darko" and they often attend big events like the Academy Awards together.

But the "Brokeback Mountain" star admits they are not actively seeking out more projects to collaborate on.
He tells People.com, "I love her a lot, (but) we don't go around looking for something to work on together. I would rather spend time with my niece and spend time as brother and sister.However, the actor insists he's not ruling out the idea completely: "It would take something that I love so much... that I would need her to be a part of, and vice versa". Source: www.sfgate.com

2 comments :

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Kendra
in ogni caso, tutti noi fans, speriamo di rivedere jake e Maggie insieme in un prossimo film !!!!
Tu, cosa ne pensi ?
Baci Myriam

Elena said...

I think Jake and Maggie started working in a similar indie wave, but maybe right now Jake is more open in his career to all kind of projects (i.e. Prince of Persia), whereas Maggie seems to bet on more offbeat projects (Away we go, Crazy heart, etc.), I wish both can find a mutual movie project in the future, why not?

Molti baci!!